You are here
Locum - Family Physician to work in Western Hospital (Alberton, PEI)
Do you believe that patient experience comes first? Do you want to work with a team that strives to deliver excellent care, to every patient, every time?
Then look no further than Prince Edward Island...
Health PEI is seeking a Locum Family Physician to work in Western Hospital located in Alberton, Prince Edward Island. The majority of work will be covering in-patients. A minimum commitment of one month is required.
Locum Support Program provides:
- Return travel based on economy airfare. If traveling by car, mileage rates are determined by PEI Treasury Board Policy and cannot exceed economy airfare;
- Coverage of licensing fees with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI and the Medical Society of PEI;
- Locum support stipend to offset the cost of accommodations and other living expenses: $200/day worked June - September and $150/day worked October - May. Physicians must complete the Locum Support Stipend form to receive these funds; and
- Arrangements and payment for car rental and accommodation are the responsibility of the physician.
- MCCEE, MCCQE Part I and MCCQE Part II as well as 1-2 years of clinical experience working in Canada;
- Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI;
- Appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging; and
- CCFP physicians will be given priority.
Western Hospital is located in the western part of Prince Edward Island, Alberton, and is part of the North Cape Coastal Drive, a beautiful and natural coastal drive to view the Island’s white and red sand beaches; towering red sandstone capes; and essential coastal stops to breathe in the breathtaking views.
The West Prince Health Primary Care Network is operated by Health PEI, a crown corporation responsible for the delivery of publicly funded health services in Prince Edward Island. Health PEI's head office is located at 16 Garfield Street, Charlottetown, PEI.