You are here
Hospitalists - Peterborough Regional Health Centre
Peterborough Regional Health Centre (PRHC) is a regional hospital with a proud local history extending back over a century. Funded by the Province of Ontario through the Central East Local Health Integration Network, PRHC opened a new, single facility in 2008, serving a population of 300,000 people in Peterborough and the surrounding region.
With a capacity of 494 beds, our regional hospital has one of the busiest Emergency Departments in Ontario, and offers an extensive range of services, including specialized programs in renal, stroke, cardiac, cancer care and vascular surgery.
The Health Centre is also the region's largest employer with 2,200 staff, 370 physicians with privileges, and 600 volunteers.
We are a regional hospital building healthier communities with our patients and partners.
Guided by You; Doing it Right; Depend on Us
The PRHC Hospitalist Program is a dynamic and evolving service that cares for approximately 160 in-patients daily, in the areas of Acute Care, Rehab, Complex Continuing Care and Psychiatry. The Program benefits from a multi-disciplinary approach to care with excellent support from specialty services in the Hospital. Hospitalists carry a caseload of approximately 18 acute patients and following these patients from admission to discharge. Hospitalists also rotate on-call shift coverage.
FULL TIME HOSPITALIST
- Currently licensed with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario or eligible to obtain license
- Fellow Royal College of Physician and Surgeons Internal Medicine or equivalent Hospitalist training
- Eligible for Active or associate staff privileges at Peterborough Regional Health Centre.
- Evidence of on-going continued medical education satisfy the requirements of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Commitment to a multi-disciplinary team approach
- Qualified to provide a full range of inpatient medical care
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work effectively with physicians, nursing staff, patients, directors, managers and community representatives as required
- Demonstrated ability to integrate current evidence and best practice into delivery of quality care in the division
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to adapt to continually changing priorities
- Actively encourage a spirit of co-operation amongst team members
Peterborough’s a Great Move:
When you work at PRHC, you’ve got the best of both worlds. Within an hour’s drive of the GTA. Home to Trent University and Fleming College and easy access to a wide variety of recreational and family entertainment venues.