You are here
CORNWALL, ON – Full-Time/Part- Time Hospitalist Opportunities
Cornwall Community Hospital is seeking full-time and/or part-time Physician Hospitalists to join our well established but newly restructured and expanded program, focusing on physician well-being and high quality evidence-based patient care.
Our current hospitalist team consists of both family physicians and internists, and provides primary care to medical inpatients with an emphasis on interdisciplinary team management.
- Monday to Friday – 0800hrs-1600hrs
- One weekday shift 0800-2300hrs
- Weekday Staffing = 4-5 physicians per day
- Weekend Staffing = 4 physicians
- On Call = 1:4 or 1:5 weekdays and 1:4 or 1:5 weekends
- Electronic Medical Records with remote access
- Full complement of specialties
- Full diagnostic imaging including CT, Nuclear Medicine and MRI
- ICU staffed by Intensivists
- Access to tertiary care services in Ottawa
- Office space with admin support
Remuneration is competitive, including 100% of fee-for- service billings plus daily stipends. Billing support provided by the hospital.
- CCFP or FRCPC Internal Medicine
- Independent Registration with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO)
Cornwall is located 1 hour from Ottawa and Montreal with international border crossing to Massena, New York.
How to apply
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a letter of application and curriculum vitae or direct inquiries to:
Joy Cella, Physician Recruiter
Cornwall Community Hospital
840 McConnell Avenue
Cornwall, ON K6H 5S5
613-938- 4240, Ext 3524